Design of Sampling Scheme Based on Kullback-Liebler Information for Compliance Testing
|International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT)||
|© 2014 by IJETT Journal|
|Year of Publication : 2014|
|Authors : Dr.D.Senthilkumar , S. Lakshmi , B.Esha Raffie
Dr.D.Senthilkumar , S. Lakshmi , B.Esha Raffie. "Design of Sampling Scheme Based on Kullback-Liebler Information for Compliance Testing", International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT), V13(7),326-330 July 2014. ISSN:2231-5381. www.ijettjournal.org. published by seventh sense research group
In this paper a possibility of designing the sampling scheme is discussed from the information theory. A design procedure for the Tightened-Normal-Tightened sampling scheme is established based on the Kullback – Liebler information and minimum sum of risk. A table giving the values of the parameter of TNT scheme of type TNTSS (nT,nN;c) indexed through the Average Quality Level and Limiting Quality Level is presented. The proposed procedure is simple and applicable to practical usage.
1. Arizono, I., Ohta, H., Kase, S. (1985): A Design of Sampling Plans by Attributes Based on the Kullback – Leibler Information, InternationalJournal of Production Research, Vol.23, pp.393-402.
2. Calvin, T.W.(1977): TNT Zero Acceptance Number Sampling, American Society for Quality Control,Annual Technical conference Transaction, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, pp. 35-39.
3. Golub, A. (1953): Designing Single Sampling Plans when the Sample Size is Fixed, Journal of the American Statistical Association, Vol.48, pp.278-288.
4. Hald, A. and Thyregod, P. (1965): The Composite Operating Characteristic Under Normal and Tightened Sampling Inspection by Attributes. Bulletin of the International Statistical Institute, Vol.41, pp. 517-529.
5. Muthuraj, D. and Senthilkumar, D. (2006): A Designed and Constructed Tightened- Normal-Tightened Variables Sampling Scheme TNTVSS(n?,kT,kN) based on AQL and LQL. Journal of Applied Statistics,2006,Vol.33,issue 1, Pages 101-111.
6. Raju,C. and Jothikumar, J.(1994): A Design of Chain Sampling Plan Chsp – 1 Based on Kullback – Leibler Information, Journal of Applied Statistics,Vol.21,No.3,1994.
7. Stephens, K.S. and Larson, K.E. (1967): An Evaluation of the MIL-STD-105D System of Sampling Plans, Industrial Quality Control, Vol.23, No.7, pp.310-319.
8. Soundararajan,V. and Vijayaraghavan, R. (1992): Construction and selection of Tightened - Normal –Tightened Sampling Inspection Scheme of Type TNT((n1, n2; c), journal of Applied Statistics – J APPL STAT, vol. 19, no.3,pp.339-349.
9. Senthilkumar, D and Muthuraj, D.(2008): Construction and Selection of Tightened – Normal – Tightened variables sampling scheme of type TNTVSS(n1, n2; k), journal of Applied Statistics ,Vol.37,No.3,March 2010,375 – 390.
10. Senthilkumar, D. and Hareesh, C.A.(2007): A Design of Tightened- Normal-Tightened Sampling Scheme Based on Kullback-Leibler Information, international conference on STATISTICAL SCIENCE, OR & IT held at Tirupathi on January 7 to 9, 2007.
Tightened - Normal -Tightened sampling scheme, Kullback – Liebler information ,Compliance testing, AQL and LQL.