Performance Transaction’s Assessment Of Real Time Database System In Distributed Environment
|International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT)||
|© 2013 by IJETT Journal|
|Year of Publication : 2013|
|Authors : Shetan Ram Choudhary , Dr. C.K. Jha|
Shetan Ram Choudhary , Dr. C.K. Jha. "Perf ormance Transaction’s Assessment Of Real Time Database System In Distributed Environment ". International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT). V4(9):4113-4118 Sep 2013. ISSN:2231-5381. www.ijettjournal.org. published by seventh sense research group.
Database performance is a very important aspect of database usability. The objective of this paper is to proposed policy to forecast the performance of transaction under real time database system in distributed environment . A real time database system in distributed environment is a transaction processing system design to handle the workload within a deadline. The objective of such scheme is to complete the processin g of transaction before the deadline expires. The performance of the system depends on the factors like as database system architectures, underlying processors, various operating conditions , disks speeds and workloads. Our works involves of forecasting the transaction performance depends on the basis of comparing with commit and abort of a transition in the scheme to give the result through simulation
1. A.S. Tanenbaum, “Computer Networks”, Third Editions, Prentice Hall of India Pvt. Ltd, 2001.
2. Bipin C. Desai, “An Introduction to Database System”, Galgoti a Publication Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi.(India) , 1 st Edition pp.520, 1993.
3. H. Jayant, “Performance Analysis of Real Time Database System”, Technology Report 92 - 96. University of Maryland, USA, 1991.
4. J. Gray, “ Notes on Database Operating Systems”, Operating System: An advanced course, Lecture notes in Computer Science , 60, 1978.
5. Jayant H, J.M.Carey and M. Livney, “Data Access Scheduling in Firm Real Time Database System”, Real Time System Journal, 4(3), 1992.
6. Jayant H, Ramesh G, Kriti R, and S.Seshadri, “Com mit Processing in Distributed Real Time Database System” Pro of 17 th IEEE Real Time System Symposium USA , December, 1996.
7. Jayant, Krithi, Ramesh, “The PROMPT Real Time Commit Protocol”, IEEE transaction on Parallel anddistributed System, vol 2, no 2, Feb , 2000.
8. Kenneth Reed, Data Networks (Handbooks), IE: 61 - 65, 1998.
9. Livny, M, DeNet User’s Guide, Version 1.0, Comp. Sc. Dept University of Wisconsim, Madison, 1988.
10. M.C. Little and D.L. Mc Cue, C++SIM User’s Guide Public release 1.5, Dept. of Computing S c. University of New Castte Upon Tyne, U.K ., 1994.
11. M.Qszu, P.Valdureiz, “Principles of Distributed Database System”, Prentice Hall, 1991.
12. Michale J.Carey and Miron Livny, “Distributed Concurrency Control Performance: A Study of Algorithms, Distribution, and Replication” Proc. Of 14 th VLDB conference , Los Angeles, California, August, 1988 .
13. Minutesmansoftware,GPSS, world North Carolina ,USA,4E.[ GPSS Book ] (Student Version 4.3.5), 2001. http://www.minutmansoft ware.com
14. O. Ulusoy, “ Research Issues in Real Time Database system ” , Technology Report BUCEIS - 94 - 32, Department of Computer Engineering and Information Science, Bilkent University, Turkey, 1994.
15. O. Ulusoy, “Processing Real - time Transaction in a Replica ted Database Systems”, Intel Journal of Distributed and Parallel Database 2(4), 1994.
16. Robert Abbott and Hector Garcia - Molina, “Scheduling Real time transaction: a performance Evaluation, Programme of 14th VLDB conference Los Angeles, 1988.
17. S. Son, “Real Time Database System”, A new challenging Data Engineering , 13 (4), December, 1990.
18. S.Davidson,I.Lee and V. Wolfe., “A protocol for Times Atomic Commitment”, Proc. of 9th International Conference on Distributed Computing System ”, 1989.
19. Silberchatz, Korth, Surdarshan, “Database System Concept”, 4 th International Edition, McGraw Hills,. New Delhi.(India), pp 91, 1984.
20. Udai Shanker, Manoj Misra, Anil K. Sarje, “Distributed real time database systems: background and literature review”, Distrib Parallel Databa ses, 127 - 149(23), 2008.
21. Y. Jayanta, S.C. Malhotra, “Management of Atomicity problem in worst possible environment”, Library progress (International), 22(1), 25, 2002.
22. Y. Yoon, “Transaction Scheduling and Commit Processing for Real time Distributed datab ase System”, Ph. D thesis Korea Advance Institute of Sc. And Technology , May, 1994.
23. Y.Jayanta & S.C. Mehrotra, “A new Commit processing under Distributed Database Real time Database System”, Skyline Business Journal, Sharjah , UAE , 2005.
24. Y.Jayanta & S.C. Mehrotra, “Performance analysis of a Real Time Distributed Database System through simulation”, 15 th IASTED International Conference on APPLIED SIMULATION AND MODELLING(ASM), Rhodes, Greece , June, 2006. http://www. actapress.com
25. Y.Jayanta & S.C. Mehrotra, “Simulation of commit processing under Distributed Real Time Database System”, IETE, National Conference, Aurangabad, India , January, 2004.
26. Ramakrishnan Raghu and Gehrke, Johannes, “Database Management System,” M cGraw Hill Publication, New York, January 2003.
27. Ullman Jeffrey D., “Principle of Database Systems,” Galgotia Publication Pvt. Ltd. 1992.
28. Gehani Narain, Ramamritham K., Shanmugasundaram, J. and Shmueli, O., “Accessing Extra Database Infor mation: Concurren cy Control and Correctness,” Information Systems, Vol. 23, Issue 7, 439 - 462, Nov. 1996.
29. Garcia - Molina Hector and Lindsay Bruce, “Research Directions for Distributed Databases,” ACM SIGMOD Record, Vol 19, Issue 4, December, 1990.
30. Aldarmi Saud A., “Real Tim e Database Systems: Concepts and Design,” Department of Computer Science, University of York, April 1998.
31. Stankovic John A., “Misconception about Real - Time Computing,” IEEE Computer, pp. 10 - 19, Oct. 1988.
32. Vrbsky Susan V. and Tomic Sasa, “Satisfying Timing Constraints of Real Time Databases,” Journal of Systems and Software, Vol. 41, pp. 63 - 73, 1998. www.mpcs.org/MPCS98/Final_papers/Paper.48.pdf
33. Lam Kam - Yiu, Law Gary C.K. and Lee Victor C.S ., “Priority and Deadline Assignment to Triggered Transactions in Distributed Real - Time Active Databases,” Journal of Systems and Software, Vol. 51, No. 1, pp. 49 - 60, April, 2000.
34. Ulusoy Ozgur, “A study of Two Transaction Processing Architectures for Dist ributed Real - Time Database Systems,” Journal of Systems Software, Vol. 31, No. 2, pp. 97 - 108, 1995.
35. NG Pui, “A Commit Protocol for Checkpointing Transactions,” Proceedings of the 7 th Symposium on Reliable Distributed Systems, Columbus, OH, USA, pp. 22 – 31, Oct. 10 - 12, 1998.
36. Shetan Ram Choudhary, C.K.Jha, “Performance Evaluation of Real Time Database Systems in Distributed Environment”, Int. J. Computer Technology & Applications, Vol 4(5), 785 - 792, 2013.
37. Al - Houmaily Yousef J. and Chrysanthis P.K., “Atomicit y with Incompatible Presumptions,” Proceedings of the 18 th ACM Symposium on Principles of Database Systems (PODS), Philadelphia, June 1999.
38. Lee Inseon, Heon Y. and Park Taesoon, “A new Approach for Distributed Main Memory Database Systems: A Causal Commit Protocol,” IEICE Transactions on Information and System, Vol. E87 - D , No.1, pp. 196 - 204, January 2004.
39. James W . Stamos and Flaviu Cristian , “ A Low_Cost Atomic Commit Protocol, In Proceedings of the 9 th IEEE Symposium on Reliable Distributed Systems , Octob er, 1990.
40. James W. Stamos and Flaviu Cristian, “Coordinator Log Transaction Execution Protocol”, International Journal on Distributed and Parallel Databases, 1(4), 1993
Real Time Database System, Distributed Sites , Transaction, Deadline, Distributed Environment.