Structural and Modal Analysis of Shock Absorber of Vehicle
|International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT)||
|© 2015 by IJETT Journal|
|Year of Publication : 2015|
|Authors : Rahul Tekade, Chinmay Patil
|DOI : 10.14445/22315381/IJETT-V21P231|
Rahul Tekade, Chinmay Patil"Structural and Modal Analysis of Shock Absorber of Vehicle", International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT), V21(4),173-186 March 2015. ISSN:2231-5381. www.ijettjournal.org. published by seventh sense research group
Safety and driving comfort for a car’s driver are both dependent on the vehicle’s suspension system. Safety refers to the vehicle’s handling and braking capabilities. The comfort of the occupants of a car correlates to tiredness and ability to travel long distance with minimal annoyance. Shock absorbers are a critical part of a suspension system, connecting the vehicle to its wheels. Essentially shock absorbers are devices that smooth out an impulse experienced by a vehicle, and appropriately dissipate or absorb the kinetic energy. Almost all suspension systems consist of springs and dampers, which tend to limit the performance of a system due to their physical constraints. Suspension systems, comprising of springs and dampers, are usually designed for passengers’ safety, and do little to improve passenger comfort. To meet the current demands of high speed and safety we must designed and developed such a shock absorber which can sustain more and more vibrations and also improves the safety.
1) John C. Dixon, "The Shock Absorber Handbook", 2nd Ed., John Wiley & Sons Ltd, England, 2007
2) Mr. SudarshanMartande, Design and Analysis of Shock Absorber, IJAIEM, Volume 2, Issue 3, March 2013 ISSN 2319 – 4847
3) M.S.M.Sani, M.M. Rahman, M.M.Noor, Study on Dynamic Characteristics of Automotive Shock Absorber System, Malaysian Science and Technology Congress, MSTC08, 16~17 Dec, KLCC, Malaysia, 2008.
4) PiotrCzop, Paweliwa, A COMPUTATIONAL FLUID FLOW ANALYSIS OF A DISC VALVE SYSTEM,Journal of KONES Powertrain and Transport, Vol. 18, No. 1 2011
5) Reybrouck K.G., A Non Linear Parametric Model of an Automotive Shock Absorber, SAE Technical Paper Series 940869, 1994
6) Talbots M.S., An Experimentally Validated Physical Model of a High Performance Automotive Damper, M.S. Thesis, Purdue University, Lafayette, IN, 2002
7) Pinjarla.Poornamohan, „DESIGN AND ANALYSIS OF A SHOCK ABSORBER?, IJRET DEC 2012, Volume: 1 Issue: 4 578 – 592
8) Achyut P. Banginwar ,Nitin D. Bhusale, Kautuk V. Totawar , Design and analysis of shock absorber using FEA tool , Volume 10, Issue 2 (February 2014), PP.22-28
9) R. S. Khurmi and J. K. Gupta, „Machine Design? , Fourteen Edition, 2012, Eurasia Publishing House, pp. 820-833.
Springs, dampers, shock absorber.