Relationship between Compressive Strength and Flexural Strength of Polyester Fiber Reinforced Concrete
|International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT)||
|© 2017 by IJETT Journal|
|Year of Publication : 2017|
|Authors : N.K.Amudhavalli, M.Poovizhiselvi
|DOI : 10.14445/22315381/IJETT-V45P234|
N.K.Amudhavalli, M.Poovizhiselvi " Relationship between Compressive Strength and Flexural Strength of Polyester Fiber Reinforced Concrete", International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT), V45(4),158-160 March 2017. ISSN:2231-5381. www.ijettjournal.org. published by seventh sense research group
Fibers are in increasing demand as they improves the tensile resistance and ductility performance of plain concrete thus reducing cracking leading to improved flexural and durability of reinforced concrete structures. In this present investigation a study has been carried out to determine the compressive strength and flexural strength of Polyester Fiber Reinforced Concrete (PEFRC) at different grades M20, M25, M30 and M35. Polyester fibers are used in this experimental investigation in different fractions ranging from 0.2% to 0.8% by addition to weight of cement. In this paper the Compressive Strength and Flexural Strength of PEFRC are studied. From the results it is found that there is a significant improvement in the mechanical and flexural properties by the use of fiber.Relationship between compressive strength and flexural strength of polyester fiber reinforced concrete are used to extrapolate the flexural strength with greater reliability.
1) Chen Pu - Woei, Chung DDL, A Comparative Study of Concretes Reinforced with Carbon Polyethylene, and Steel Fibers and their Improvement by Latex Addition, ACI Material Journal, March-April (1996), pp.129-133.
2) Farmington Hills, Michigan, State-of-the-art report on fiber rein-forced concrete, American Concrete Institute,CI 544.1R-96, 1996.
3) Shah DL. And Modhere CD.Ph.D,Parameter-Study on the Influence of Steel and Polyester Fibers in the Self-Compacting Concrete. The Pacific Journal of Science and Technology,Vol.10, 2009, pp. 178-186.
4) BaruahP, and TalukdarS, A Comparative Study of Compressive, Flexural, Tensile and Shear Strength of Concrete with Fibers of Different Origins, The Indian Concrete Journal , Vol.81,No.27, 2007, pp. 17-24.
5) Manish Rohit, Prof Indrajit Patel, Prof. Modhera,CD Comparative Study on Flexural Strength of Plain and Fiber Reinforced HVFA Concrete by Destructive and Non Destructive Techniques, International Journal of Engineering and Science, Vol. 1, Issue 2 Sept 2012, pp. 42-48.
6) Hannat D,Fiber cements and fiber concretes, John Wiley & Sons, New York
7) Ramakrishnan, V, (1988) Materials and properties of fiber reinforced concrete, Civil Engineering, April, pp. 29-40, London
8) Warwickshire,Steel fiber reinforced concrete industrial ground floors, ACIFC,
Polyester Fiber Reinforced Concrete, Compressive strength, Flexural strength, Regression Equation.