Efficient Garbage Management System for Smart Cities
|International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT)||
|© 2017 by IJETT Journal|
|Year of Publication : 2017|
|Authors : K.Nagalingeswari, Krishna Prasad Satamraju
|DOI : 10.14445/22315381/IJETT-V50P242|
K.Nagalingeswari, Krishna Prasad Satamraju "Efficient Garbage Management System for Smart Cities", International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT), V50(5),260-265 August 2017. ISSN:2231-5381. www.ijettjournal.org. published by seventh sense research group
Even though we have different waste management services, they prove to be inefficient because of the lack of standard operating methods both collection-wise and logistics-wise. We present a novel method for waste collection management system. This system uses Internet of Things architecture. To ensure a robust, seamless system, we continuously monitor the dust bins and check the status of the amount of garbage filling up in the bins and when it reaches threshold level, alert will be triggered. Based on the alert, the optimized route will be calculated and sent to the garbage collection centre. The system is built using LolinNodeMCUIoT board, and Ultrasonic sensor module. With integrated route optimization, the system is made fuel efficient and effective resource management can be achieved. The compact design makes the system more reliable and accurate.
1. Glossary of Environment Statistics: Series F, No. 67 / Department for Economic.
2. Social Information and Policy Analysis, United Nations. New York: UN, 1997.
3. United Nations Environmental Program me (2013). “Guide lines for National Waste Management Strategies Moving from Challenges to Opportunities."
4. D. C. Wyld, “Taking out the trash (and the recyclables): RFID and the handling of municipal solid waste,” International Journal Of software Engineering & Applications (IJSEA), vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 1–13, 2010.
5. Longhi, S., Marzioni, D., Alidori, E., BuÒ, G. D., Prist, M. Grisostomi, M., and Pirro,(2012) M. “Solid waste management architecture using wireless sensor network technology”, in New Technologies, Mobility and Security (NTMS), 5th International Conference on (PP. 1-5), IEEE, 2012.
6. Al Mamun, M. A., Hannan, M. A., and Hussain,(2014) A. “A Novel prototype and Simulation Model for Real Time Solid Waste Bin Monitoring System”, Jurnal Kejuruteraan, 26 . pp. 15-19. ISSN 0128-0198.
7. Catania, V., and Ventura, D. “An approach for monitoring and smart planning of urban solid waste management using smart M3 platform”, in Open Innovations Association FRUCT, Proceedings of 15th Conference of IEEE (PP. 24-31), 2014.
8. Glouche, Y., Sinha A., and Couderc, P. “A Smart Waste Management with Self- Describing Complex Objects”, International Journal on Advances in Intelligent Systems, 8 (1 &2), 2015.
9. KirtiPille, RaziyaManiyar, Nutan Bade and J.M.Bakliwal (2016) “SOLID WASTE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM”, National Conference on “Internet of Things: Towards a Smart Future” & “Recent Trends in Electronics & Communication” (IOTTSF-2016), in Association with Novateur Publication 17th -18th, Feb. 2016.
10. M. Faccio, A. Persona, and G. Zanin,(2011) “Waste collection multi-objective model with real time traceability data” Waste Management, vol. 31, no. 12, pp. 2391-2405.
11. Md. Shafiqul Islam, Maher Arebey, M.A. Hannan, HasanBasri (2012), ZigBee Based Waste Bin Monitoring System , 2012 International Conference on Innovation, Management and Technology Research (ICIMTR2012), Malacca, Malaysia,21-22 May, 2012.
12. Mihajlovic Z, Milosavljevic V, Maodus N, Rajs V, Slankamenac M, Zivanov M (2012)System for monitoring concentration of NO2 and CO gasses on landfill sites. In: Proceedings of the 35th international convention MIPRO, Opatija, Croatia, pp 183–186, 21–25 May 2012.
13. M. F. Omari et.al (2016) Implementation of Spatial smart waste management system in Malaysia presented in 8th IGRSM International Conference and Exhibition on Remote Sensing and GIS (IGRM-2016),IO
14. P conf. series: Earth and Environmental Science 37(2016).
15. Hassan et.al (2016) Smart solid waste Monitoring and Collection system, published in International Journal of Advanced Research in computer science and software Engineering, vol 6, Issue 10, October 2016.
16. Kanchan Mahajan,“Waste Bin Monitoring System Using Integrated Technologies”, International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, Engineering and Technology, Issue 3, Issue 7 , July 2014.
17. M. Al-Maaded, N. K.Madi, RamazanKahraman, A.Hodzic, N. G. Ozerkan , An Overview of Solid Waste Management and Plastic Recycling in Qatar, Springer Journal of Polymers and the Environment, March 2012, Volume 20, Issue 1, pp 186-194.
18. Islam, M.S. Arebey, M. ; Hannan, M.A. ; Basri, H,”Overview for solid waste bin monitoring and collection system” Innovation Management and Technology Research (ICIMTR), 2012 International Conference , Malacca, 258 – 262.
19. Narayan Sharma,, “Smart Bin Implemented for Smart City”, International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research, Volume 6, Issue 9,September-2015.
20. Manjula S, Ajay Kumar Reddy P, Lakshmipathy M, Bhaskar Reddy K (2013) Mobile data acquisition for air pollution monitoring using embedded system. IJERT.
21. K.Tharun Kumara Reddy etcl (2015) An IOT based Remote Monitoring of Landfill sites using Raspberry Pi2 in international conference in Emerging trends in Electrical, communications and information Technologies, proceedings of ICECIT2015, Springer publications, pp 219-227.
GPS, Internet of things (IoT), Lolin NodeMCU, Waste Management.