Higher Order Partial Differential Equation Based Method for Image Enhancement
|International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT)||
|© 2013 by IJETT Journal|
|Year of Publication : 2013|
|Authors : S.Balamurugan , R.Sowmyalakshmi|
S.Balamurugan , R.Sowmyalakshmi. "Higher Order Partial Differential Equation Based Method for Image Enhancement". International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT). V4(6):2236-2240 Jun 2013. ISSN:2231-5381. www.ijettjournal.org. published by seventh sense research group.
Many color image enhancing techniques have been proposed to eliminate noise and uninteresting details from an image, without blurring semantically important structures such as edges. PDE - based methods have been proposed to tackle the problem of image deno ising with a good p reservation of edges and also to explicitly account for intrinsic geometry. The existing method can be viewed as generalization of the Bettahar – Stambouli filter to multivalued images. The proposed algorithm is based on using single vec tors of gradient magni tude and the fourth order derivatives as a manner to relate different color components of the image. The Partial Differential Equation based algorithm is more efficient than existing models and some previous works at color images denoising and sharpens the edges efficiently withou t creating false colors.
1. Salim Bettahar and Amine Boudghene Stambouli, “PDE - Based Enhancement of Color Images in RGB Space” IEEE Trans Image Process, vol. 21, no. 5, May. 2012.
2. Yu - Li You , Member, IEEE, and M. Kaveh , Fellow, IEEE “ Fourth - Order Partial Differential Equations for Noise Removal” IEEE Transactions on image processing, vol. 9, no. 10, October 2000
3. P. Kornprobst R. Deriche and G. Aubert “ Image coupling, Restoration and enhancement via PDE” Zhou Wang, Alan Conrad Bovik and Eero P. Simoncelli, “Image Quality Assessment: From Error Visibility to Structural Similarity” IEEE Trans Image Process, vol. 13, no. 4, April. 2004.
4. Rafael C. Gonzalez and R ichard E.Woods , Digital Image Processing . Reading, Third Edition, 2008.
5. S. Bettahar, A. B. Stambouli, P. Lambert and A. Benoit “ Enhancement Of Multi - Valued Images Using PDE Coupling ” 19th European Signal Processing Conference (EUSIPCO 2011), Barcelona, Spain, August 29 - September 2, 2011
6. P. Perona and J. Malik, “Scale - space and edge detection using anisotropic diffusion,” IEEE Trans. Pattern Anal. Machine Intell. , vol.12, pp. 629 – 639, July 1990.
7. F. Catte, P. - L. Lions, J. - M. Morel, and T. Coll, “Image selective smoothing and edge detection by nonlinear diffusion,” SIAM J. Numer. Anal. , vol. 29, pp. 182 – 193, Feb. 1992.
8. Anand Swaroop Khare, Ravi Mohan, Sumit Sharma “Image Denoising Based On Fourth - Order Partial Differential Equations: A Survey
Blur , diffusion , fourth order PDEs , image smoothing .